BMW SOUTH AFRICA.
Public information. BMW Promotion of Access to Information Manual.
In the interests of compliance with the South African Promotion of Access to Information Act, BMW South Africa offers you the opportunity to review the relevant manual prepared by the company; review the prescribed fees associated with requesting the information outlined in the manual, and to print a form to be completed and faxed to BMW South Africa should you wish to request this information. Request for access forms should be faxed to: 012 522 2209. Payment for these records should be made to BMW South Africa before a request for access can be fulfilled.
The COMPANY conducts business as a manufacturer, importer and exporter of motor vehicles, motorcycles, automotive components and lifestyle accessories for onward sale to dealers and/or customers.
3. Company Contact Details
Persons designated/duly authorised persons:
Legal Services & Compliance Director: Charissa Hector
P O Box 2955
1 Bavaria Avenue
Randjespark Ext 17,
Electronic Mail Address:
Payments should be made to:
BMW (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd
4. THE ACT
a. The ACT grants a requester access to records of the COMPANY, if the record is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. If a public body lodges a request, the public body must be acting in the public interest.
b. Requests in terms of the ACT shall be made in accordance with the prescribed procedures, at the rates provided. The forms and tariff may be accessed under prescribed form and prescribed fees.
c. Requesters are referred to the Guide to be compiled by the South African Human Rights Commission, which will contain information for the purposes of exercising Constitutional Rights.
The contact details of the Commission are:
Private Bag 2700,
5. Company Record Classification Key
|1||May be Disclosed||Public Access Document|
|2||May not be Disclosed||Request after commencement of criminal or civil proceedings [s7]|
|3||May be Disclosed||Subject to copyright|
|4||Limited Disclosure||Personal Information that belongs to the requester of that information [s61]|
|5||May not be Disclosed||Unreasonable disclosure of personal information of Natural person [s63(1)]|
|6||May not be Disclosed||Likely to harm the commercial or financial interests of third party [s64(a)(b)]|
|7||May not be Disclosed||Likely to harm the Company or third party in contract or other negotiations [s64(c)]|
|8||May not be Disclosed||Would breach a duty of confidence owed to a third party in terms of an Agreement [s65]|
|9||May not be Disclosed||Likely to compromise the safety of individuals or protection of property [s66]|
|10||May not be Disclosed||Legally privileged document [s67]|
|11||May not be Refused||Environmental testing / investigation which reveals public safety / environmental risks [s64(2); s68(2)]|
|12||May not be Disclosed||Commercial information of Private Body [s68]|
|13||May not be Disclosed||Likely to prejudice research and development information of the Company or a third party [s69]|
|14||May not be Refused||Disclosure in public interest [s70]|
6. Summary: Records Availability
|Departmental Records||Subject||Classification No.|
|Communications/Public Affairs Department||Current Product Information
Public Corporate Records
|Environmental Department||Environmental Policy
|Human Resources Division||Employee Records
Personnel Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
Employee Medical Records
|4, 5, 9
4, 5, 8
|Financial Division||Audited Financial Statements
Tax Records (Company & Employees)
Motor Industry Development Programme
|Corporate and Legal Services Division||General Contract Documentation
Company Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
|Sales and Marketing Division||Market Information
Product Sales Records
Marketing and Future Product Strategies
Customer Information and Database
Dealer Franchise Documents
6, 7, 12, 13
|Production / Logistics||Production Records||12|
|Production Engineering||Vehicle and Components Specifications
Form of Request
To facilitate the processing of your request, kindly:
- i. Use the prescribed form, available on the Website of the COMPANY at the following address www.bmw.co.za.
- ii. Address your request to the Legal Services Department.
- iii. Provide sufficient details to enable the COMPANY to identify:
- a. The record(s) requested;
- b. The requester (and if an agent is lodging the request, proof of capacity);
- c. The form of access required:
- The postal address or fax number of the requester in the Republic;
- If the requester wishes to be informed of the decision in any manner (in addition to written) the manner and particulars thereof;
- iv. The right which the requester is seeking to exercise or protect with an explanation of the reason the record is required to exercise or protect the right.
- Prescribed Fees
The following applies to requests (other than personal requests):
- A requestor is required to pay the prescribed fees (R50.00) before a request will be processed;
- If the preparation of the record requested requires more than the prescribed hours (six), a deposit shall be paid (of not more than one third of the access fee which would be payable if the request were granted);
- A requestor may lodge an application with a court against the tender/payment of the request fee and/or deposit;
- Records may be withheld until the fees have been paid.
- The Fee Structure is available on the website of the COMPANY, at the following address www.bmw.co.za
- Access to Prescribed Forms and Fees, see links below.